ECOMMERCE TEAM LEAD JOB PURPOSE
The primary purpose of the role is to lead and direct the operational support of the Online production environment, implementations, and ensuring continuous improvement of preventative and proactive measures to enable system stability.
- Act as escalation point for effective resolution of escalated issues through root cause analysis and effective resolution and / or providing concise reporting. Ensure internal change requests are submitted, updated, and followed up on for implementation and resolution Provide 3rd line support functions for the eCommerce environment where applicable in support of the Online Squad.
- Ensure production platforms (including API’s / wrapper) are reviewed periodically and maintenance / housekeeping is performed regularly
- Identify enhancements to improve supportability, operability, and performance of systems
- Maintain services and perform day-to-day IT admin tasks
- Track and report on incidents
- Conduct SQL / PostgreSQL scripting, integrations and UAT testing where applicable
- Work independently to troubleshoot root cause and trend analysis.
- Enforce and manage escalation policies.
- Implementation of software and updates.
- Manage the standby schedule for after hour support
- Provide after-hours support for escalations where applicable.
- Provide root cause for support requests to customers, according to the Service Level Agreement.
- Enhance, drive, and deliver a customer centric support model
- Ensure effective communication of planned and unplanned outages
- Manage and direct alerts or escalations escalated to/from Online Squad ensuring they are resolved timeously and communicated to requestors within SLA.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with customers
- Arrange and conduct training where required
- Manage team adherence to SLA to ensure consistent and predictable service delivery
- Support tactical and strategic goals of the operations team
- Provide training and mentoring for support team members, including escalated support for Events & Incidents
- Build a culture of respect and understanding across the organization
- Recognize outcomes which resulted from effective collaboration between squads.
- Build co-operation and overcome barriers to information sharing, communication, and collaboration across the organization.
- Facilitate opportunities to engage and collaborate with external stakeholders to develop joint solutions
- Through effective inspirational leadership, facilitate the creation of accountable, full-service teams who understand and strive to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Role model behavior and motivate team members in line with the core values
- Take full accountability for performance of all direct reports, motivating and managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound people management.
- Provide support and guidance on career path planning, on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
- Set an example through personal quality and productivity standards and ways of working with others.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal policies &procedures.
- Plan and priorities, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change. Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational and team needs.
- Be an effective inspirational servant leader to facilitate the creation of motivated, accountable, full-service teams who understand and strive to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Coach, counsel and train digital team, operational support, and staff to apply sound support, sustain and develop a continuous service improvement culture.
- Role model behavior and motivate team members in line with the Transaction Junction values and ethos.
- Guidance of others and active development of self to improve on technical and communication abilities so that capabilities and deliveries are better understood and thus trusted and applied through the business.
- Translates strategy into goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of the organization. Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize development activities.
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals. For example, shows considerable business insight, beyond the fundamentals. Asks probing questions and draws on a variety of sources to gain insight and to explore business drivers or industry trends.
Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, quickly determines the most critical data and focuses analysis there; recognizes even subtle symptoms that indicate problems; probes deeply for root causes; uses systematic problem-solving
Plans and Aligns
Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, adopts a sequence of activities that allows for optimal efficiency and effective coordination with others. Makes skillful use of resources and support to deliver efficient, high-quality work.
Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders. For example, draws upon insights from varied sources to gain a rich understanding of how to meet the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders. Probes deeply in order to gain a rich, detailed grasp of the priorities of different stakeholders takes initiative to respond to stakeholder problems.
Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, devotes considerable effort to surpassing goals and achieving the best possible results; goes above and beyond to achieve excellence. Drives ahead with great focus when faced with obstacles and setbacks; maintains productivity and a positive attitude.
Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, holds self to high standards and consistently honors policies, procedures, and work requirements. Scrupulously ensures all work is correct.
Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions. For example, swiftly assembles and fluently interprets the financial data and metrics relevant to the role. Draws rich insights from financial and quantitative data. Adheres to relevant budgetary guidelines.
Builds Effective Teams
Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. For example, consistently emphasizes and advocates for the team’s common goals and priorities. Volunteers promptly to help others and goes the extra mile to ensure the team’s success. Recognizes everyone’s
contributions to the team.
- Post graduate qualification in Information Technology or similar
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in similar role
- Preferred Support qualification or experience in the Online switching environment
- Experience in financial transaction processing will be advantageous.
- Experience with the Postilion Application suite / Imbeko
- Should have a good understanding of the market and be able to analyze trends and apply that information.