Primary purpose of the role is to form an analytical part of the operational support team in the production payment environment, initiate deployments, and implementations, and ensuring continuous improvement of preventative and proactive measures to enable system stability.
- Effective resolution of escalated issues via thorough root cause analysis and effective resolution and / or providing concise reporting.
- Internal change requests are submitted, deployed, and followed up on for repeated requests/issues.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support functions for the Postillion and Imbeko environments.
- Ensure production platforms are reviewed periodically for stability, maintenance and housekeeping is performed.
- Identify enhancements to improve supportability, operability, and performance of systems
- Maintain the internal servers and perform day-to-day IT admin tasks.
- Track and report on incidents
- Conduct SQL/PostgreSQL scripting and DB maintenance
- Work independently to troubleshoot all support requests and follow escalation policies.
- Implementations of software, updates and patches
- Provide after-hours support according to a standby schedule.
- Provide resolution for support requests to customers, according to the Service Level Agreement
- Configure, troubleshoot, isolate, repair, and resolve all customer issues.
- Ensure regular and effective communication of planned and unplanned outages to customers with resolutions within SLA.
- Ensure alerts or escalations to internal teams are resolved timeously and communicated to requestors within SLA.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with customers.
- Prepare and conduct customer training as requested.
- Adherence to SLA to ensure consistent and predictable service delivery.
- Support tactical and strategic goals of the operations team.
- Provide training and mentoring for support team members, including escalated support requests.
- Build a culture of respect and understanding across the organization.
- Recognize outcomes which resulted from effective collaboration between Squads.
- Build co-operation and overcome barriers to information sharing, communication and collaboration across the organization.
- Facilitate opportunities to engage and collaborate with external stakeholders to develop joint solutions.
- As a member of the Operations team take ownership and lead to facilitate the creation of accountability to act as a full-service team who understand and strive to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Role model behavior and motivate team members in line with the core values.
- Take full responsibility for performance of all actions, requests, and tasks, managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound Service Delivery
- Set an example through personal quality and productivity standards and ways of working with others.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures. Plan and priorities, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change.
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational and Squad needs.
- Be an effective inspirational leader to facilitate the creation of motivated, accountable, full-service teams who understand and strive to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Coach, counsel and train team, operational managers, and staff to apply, support, sustain and develop a continuous improvement culture.
- Role model behavior and motivate team members in line with the Transaction Junction values and ethos.
- Guidance of others and active development of self to improve on their technical and communication abilities so that capabilities and deliveries are better understood and thus trusted and applied through the business.
- Translate strategy into goals for performance and growth for the implementation of goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of the organization.
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals. For example, shows considerable business insight, beyond the fundamentals. Asks probing questions and draws on a variety of sources to gain insight and to explore business drivers or industry trends.
Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, quickly determines the most critical data and focuses analysis there; recognizes even subtle symptoms that indicate problems; probes deeply for root causes; uses systematic problem-solving methods well.
Plans and Aligns
Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, adopts a sequence of activities that allows for optimal efficiency and effective coordination with others. Makes skillful use of resources and support to deliver efficient, high-quality work.
Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders. For example, draws upon insights from varied sources to gain a rich understanding of how to meet the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders. Probes deeply in order to gain a rich, detailed grasp of the priorities of different stakeholders; takes initiative to respond to stakeholder problems.
Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, devotes considerable effort to surpassing goals and achieving the best possible results; goes above and beyond to achieve excellence. Drives ahead with great focus when faced with obstacles and setbacks; maintains productivity and a positive attitude.
Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, holds self to high standards and consistently honors policies, procedures, and work requirements. Scrupulously ensures all work is correct.
Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions. For example, swiftly assembles and fluently interprets the financial data and metrics relevant to the role. Draws rich insights from financial and quantitative data.
Builds Effective Teams
Assist in building strong-identity team that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. For example, consistently emphasizes and advocates for the team’s common goals and priorities. Volunteers promptly to help others and goes the extra mile to ensure the team’s success. Recognizes everyone’s contributions to the team.
Post graduate qualification in Information Technology or similar
Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in similar role.
SQL / PostgreSQL qualification
Experience of financial transaction processing or the Postilion / Imbeko Application suite advantageous.
Current SQL experience advantageous.