BACK OFFICE SUPPORT ANALYST JOB PURPOSE
The primary purpose of the role is operational support of the production Back-Office environments, ensuring continuous monitoring and improvement of Back-Office processes including preventative and proactive measures to enable system stability.
- Effective resolution of escalated issues via thorough root cause analysis and effective resolution and / or providing concise reporting.
- Internal change requests are submitted and followed up on for repeated requests or issues
- Provide support functions for the Back-Office environment.
- Ensure production platforms are reviewed periodically and maintenance and housekeeping is performed.
Identify enhancements to improve supportability, operability and performance of systems
- Maintain the internal servers and perform day-to-day IT admin tasks.
- Track and report on incidents
- Conduct SQL scripting and DB maintenance
- Work independently to troubleshoot all support requests and follow escalation policies.
- Implementations of software and patches
- Provide after-hours support according to a standby schedule.
- Provide resolution for support requests to customers, according to the Service Level Agreement
- Configure, troubleshoot, isolate, repair, and resolve all customer issues.
- Ensure effective communication of planned and unplanned outages to customers within SLA.
Ensure alerts or escalations to Tech Ops are resolved timeously and communicated to requestors within SLA.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with customers.
- Prepare and conduct customer training as requested.
- Adherence to SLA to ensure consistent and predictable service delivery.
- Support tactical and strategic goals of the operations team.
- Facilitate with settlement disputes between Merchants and transaction Authorizers.
- Build a culture of respect and understanding across the organization.
- Set an example through personal quality and productivity standards and ways of working with others.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures. Plan and prioritize, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change.
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational and team needs.
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, quickly determines the most critical data and focuses analysis there; recognizes even subtle symptoms that indicate problems; probes deeply for root causes; uses systematic problem-solving methods.
Holds self-accountable to meet commitments. For example, holds self to high standards and consistently honours policies, procedures, and work requirements. Scrupulously ensures all work is correct.
- Postgraduate qualification in Information Technology or similar.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in a similar role
Experience in financial transaction processing or the Postilion Application suite is advantageous.