Position: Solutions Architect
Location: Cape Town
Reporting to: Managing Director
The Solution Architect is responsible for the design, documentation and ensuring the accuracy of TJ solutions for internal and customer projects. These are predominantly related to solutions geared towards payment systems, focusing on integrated retail environments as well as disparate systems. Transactional competencies also expand to solutions involving electronic procurement, for example mobile telephone airtime recharge, electronic vouchering and token-based solutions. The Solution Architect is responsible for building the solution according to the business requirements and ensuring that the solutions delivered are correct, while taking utmost care to ensure that the desired business outcome is achieved technically.
Key responsibility areas
The key responsibility areas for the Solution Architect are listed below. These form part of an established project process.
- Business requirements are obtained from the New Business Development team, Business Requirements specifications and design workshops held with clients
- The requirements need to be assessed in terms of their viability as regards a technical implementation
- Initial, budgetary estimate of time and effort must be made
- Prepare customer-facing documentation that covers the solution at a high level. The customer and other stakeholders will need to sign off on the document before the project can proceed. There may be several iterations of the document until all stakeholders can accept it.
- Prepare customer-facing interface specifications where a third-party developer will be required to integrate to Transaction Junction.
- Prepare internal documentation covering development requirements should Transaction Junction be required to perform development.
- Review documentation prepared by the Transaction Junction infrastructure team covering networking requirements for the customer and external stakeholders.
- Fulfill an element of pre-sales consulting from time to time in order to assist the New Business Development team at Transaction Junction.
- Assist external development teams in performing integrations to Transaction Junction systems.
- Assist internal development teams in understanding development requirements to be performed by Transaction Junction.
- Assist Test Engineers in ensuring that testing requirements are understood and tested.
- Communicate with client and external stakeholders during the course of the project.
- Work closely with internal as well as external project managers to ensure that project milestones are correctly identified and are done so in line with the technical solution to be delivered
- Assist in ensuring that the pilot implementation is performed correctly.
- Professional attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into software system solutions
- Ability to construct modularized technical solutions
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Payments systems experience is vital, with a sound knowledge of Postilion being advantageous.
- Strong technical background, with software development experience being advantageous.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or related fields is essential, preferably a B.Sc degree.