Position: Data Analyst
Location: Cape Town
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
The primary purpose of the Data Analyst position is for the preparation of, processing and analysis of multiple forms of disparate data in order to prepare and present insights to help customers and the organisation make better decisions.
The Data Analyst will work within the Customer Services team assisting to present data, business insights and ad-hoc information in the form of reports and customer dashboards.
The successful candidate will work across business and technical streams and have a unique opportunity to provide guidance and consultancy for reporting direction, the use of software packages and the effective presentation of information throughout the business.
Key Responsibility Areas
The key responsibility areas for the Data Analyst are listed below. These are part of an established project process in place at Transaction Junction.
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analysing results
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, presentation and deletion
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance if/where necessary
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalisation
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Helping develop reports and analysis
- Managing the reporting environment, including data sources, security and metadata
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Presenting data and information in formats that are aligned to customer and business expectations
- Reporting to be provided in ways that enhance the business value proposition, including offline and online reporting.
- Investigate, implement and manage information reporting packages as may be required to be implemented from time-to-time
- Professional attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical background
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyse large data sets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Payments systems experience is not essential but knowledge in this area would be advantageous.
- Strong database knowledge with a proven SQL capability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or related fields is essential, preferably a B.Sc degree.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role