Transaction Junction (Pty) Ltd (TJ) understands the importance of protecting your personal information and values and respects such information.
The Privacy Statement describes how TJ collects and uses your personal information. With whom we share it and your rights in relation to your personal information.
This applies to your Personal Information that we collect during your interactions with us through either this website, in writing, orally or personal information that we may collect offline or receive from 3rd parties.
What Information do we collect?
TJ is subject to the Protection of Personal Information Act, No.4 of 2013 (POPI), the main objectives of which shall be adhered to. Personal Information is defined in POPI as information relating to an identifiable, living natural person, and where applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including but not limited to:
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic, or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, and birth of the person
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier, or other particular assignment to the person
- the biometric information of the person
- the personal opinions, views, or preferences of the person
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
Depending on how you interact with TJ, personal information we collect may include but without limitation:
- your name
- email address
- postal address
- telephone number
We may also collect other information that does not personally identify you. Such other information includes browser and device information, website usage data, IP addresses, demographic information such geographic location, home language, and information collected through cookies and other technologies or information that has been anonymised or aggregated. If we link this information with your personal information, we will treat such linked information as personal information. You may choose not to provide personal information to TJ when requested
How we collect Personal Information
We may collect your personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with TJ, including:
- When you access our Internet Services, or interact with us in any other way, or use our solutions, products, and services.
- We collect personal information when you place orders for our solutions, products, and services, we process your orders and payment transactions, perform administrative and business functions, market our solutions, products, and services.
- When you communicate with us.
- We collect personal information when we respond to your inquiries and requests, obtain feedback from you about our solutions, products and services or you apply for employment with us.
- We collect personal information from third parties, business partners and third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services.
Legal basis for processing your personal information
When we process your personal information in connection with the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the purpose for which the processing activity is undertaken and the nature of our relationship with you:
- Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party with whom we share your personal information) for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and administrative purposes, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require protection of personal information.
- Where this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation on us.
- To protect the vital interests of any individual.
- Where you have consented for such processing to take place.
Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Enable you to effectively use and to improve our solutions, products, and services, for example to:
- Perform administrative and business functions and internal reporting.
- Send administrative information to you.
- Obtain feedback from you about our services, products and solutions including through client satisfaction surveys, in which event, we will only use your personal information for the sole purpose of sending you a survey.
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfil requests by you.
- Assess the performance of our Services and to improve their operation.
- Update our records and keep your contact details up to date.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with our legal obligations, or for our legitimate business interests.
We engage in the following activities with your consent or for our legitimate business interests.
- Achieve our business purposes and analyse information. For example, to:
- Establish, manage, and maintain our business relationship with you.
- Compile usage statistics for our Services.
- Process and respond to privacy requests, questions, concerns, and complaints.
- Fulfil legal and contractual obligations.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation.
Sharing your personal information
TJ may share your personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement (as applicable):
- With our subsidiaries for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. TJ is the party responsible for the management of jointly used personal information.
- With business partners with whom we offer co-branded services.
- With service providers to provide operational services, including but not limited to processing of orders, assisting with sales-related activities or post-sales support, client support, data analytics and auditing.
- Where you consent to the sharing of your personal information.
- In connection with any joint venture, merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- Where applicable, for credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies.
- For debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations.
- For other legal reasons:
- We may share your personal information in response to a request for information by a competent authority in accordance with, or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process,
- Where necessary to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or government orders, or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of TJ, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Any third parties with whom we share personal information are contractually required to implement appropriate data protection and security measures to protect personal information and are not permitted to use personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are provided with or given access to personal information.
Security of your personal information
TJ is committed to protecting your personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, damage, loss, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure by using reasonable, appropriate, physical, administrative and technical safeguards and contractually requiring that third parties to whom we disclose your personal information do the same.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Keeping track of information, you have provided to us,
- Improving your browsing experience,
- Customising our interactions with you,
- Storing and managing your preferences and settings,
- Compiling statistical data,
- Analysing the performance and usability of our website,
- Measuring traffic patterns for our website, and
- Determining which areas of our website has been visited.
These technologies collect information that your browser sends to our website including your browser type, information about your IP address (a unique identifier assigned to your computer or device which allows your PC or device to communicate over the Internet), together with the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages you view and the links you click.
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices or content of any 3rd party websites. Your use of such sites is subject to the applicable 3rd party privacy statement and is at your own risk.
Retaining your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include whether:
- We are under a legal, contractual, or other obligation to retain personal information, or as part of an investigation or for litigation purposes,
- Personal information is needed to maintain accurate business and financial records,
- You have consented to us retaining your personal information for a longer retention period, in which case, we will retain personal information in line with your consent.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement at any time. If we do, we will update the “last modified” section at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about our privacy practices.
If you have any complaints, requests, or questions about how your personal information is handled by TJ, you have a privacy concern or you wish to make a request or a complaint relating to your personal information, please contact us.
You can reach us at:
Transaction Junction (Pty) Ltd
Century City, 7741
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator once POPI comes into effect.