Operation support manager
Transaction Junction is looking for a Support Manager to join their Operations team. The successful candidate would be responsible for leading and managing TJ’s comprehensive Operational capabilities, thereby effectively supporting the business and client-service strategy.
- Relevant IT qualification (certificate/diploma or degree)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant people management experience
- Willingness/availability to travel
- Implementing, critically evaluating and ensuring that the team’s day-to-day tasks and strategies are effectively aligned to support the overall business strategy
- Ensure that the team performs according to contracted performance areas to deliver the highest levels of service to stakeholders
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes to help ensure their effectiveness
- Proactively identify and manage operational risks
- Identify ways of promoting accuracy and maximising productivity within the team
- Ensure effective communications across the department and within the business as a whole
- Assisting with the implementation of changes to existing products and processes as well as the promotion of new products into operation
- Constantly evaluate and analyse service issues and enquiries, seeking to determine their importance and levels of urgency. Perform and direct investigations when necessary and ensure appropriate responses in a timely manner.
- At all times ensure that communications are conducted professionally, in a timely and empathetic manner (whether written or verbal) when communicating with internal and external customers.
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with intermediaries as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Staff development
- Actively promote the visibility of the operational environment within the business by way of regular feedback sessions to the business
- People management
- Knowledge and understanding of databases seen as an advantage
- Knowledge of payments and a background in transaction processing will be seen as an advantage, although it is not a prerequisite
- Data analysis and intepretation
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Customer service orientation
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Strong reasoning skills and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Detail orientated
- The ability to work with various internal groups as well as external role players
- Performance-driven and quality minded approach
- Excellent communications skills (English and Afrikaans)
- Strong computer application skillset